So, I put out a call for home remedies for nits. Here’s an update for you. I haven’t had the need to try any to date so try at your own risk…
Thanks for all who contributed
1. Tea tree oil. A few drops in the shampoo when washing and a few drops on their shoulders each morning before school
2. Tea tree and lavender mixed with water in a spray bottle.
4. Apple cider vinegar dissolves the glue that they use to stick the eggs to the hair. Coconut oil suffocates the live ones. Comb out with a nit comb
5. Tea tree and lavender in conditioner and leave for a while before combing thru with a nit comb
6. Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil and ecokids shampoo
7. Hot hair dryer & hair moose! Definately the hot dryer will kill them when you focus the heat enough & some strong hair moose will glue them down & kill them
All I would say more effective than ‘good old fashioned‘ dousing in petrol, head shaving and mentholated spirits.